Magically making its own fudge sauce this cake will become one of your favorite last-minute desserts. Serve it with ice cream for an extra special treat. Note: if you use a dutch process cocoa you will have a richer, darker result. TIP: some reviewers have recommended "baking" this in a crockpot on High for about 2 1/2 hours and then letting it cool slightly before serving. Thanks for the tip!
- Heat oven to 350'F.
- In medium bowl stir together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 3 Tbls. cocoa, baking powder and salt. Blend in milk, butter and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- In separate bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top; do not stir.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top.
- Garnish with whipped topping.