Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons dutch process cocoa, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Combine flour, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon batter into greased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Mix remaining cocoa and granulated sugar.
- Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Pour boiling water over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until cake springs back when touched.
- Let cool on wire rack 5-10 minues.
- Serve warm.
This cake was a bit surprising... mine was actually still a bit sopping wet on the sides even after an extra 5 minutes of baking. The family liked the flavor but not really the consistency. Not our cup of tea but it may be yours so don't let this stop you from trying it! Make for Zaar Cookbook Tag 08
This is very easy & quick. Nice pudding on the bottom. The cake is a teensy dry but all my tasters loved it. the dryness is because it is so low fat - only two tablespoons for the whole cake, that's amazing! So I served it with some whipped cream and it was great!