Very reminiscent of the dessert my grandmother used to bake. Saucy and cakey all at once with rich chocolate flavour that's not too sweet. I'm a cinnamon lover but actually prefer this recipe made without the cinnamon. This is perfect when you need to whip something up fast using ingredients you probably always have on hand. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- 2Grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- 3In medium bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1/4 cup cocoa.
- 4Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla just until smooth.
- 5Spread batter into baking dish.
- 6In small bowl, mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
- 7Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 8Carefully pour 1-1/2 cups boiling water over mixture in baking dish.
- 9DO NOT STIR!
- 10Bake 30 minutes (batter will separate into cake and pudding layers).
- 11Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 12Serve warm (or cold!!) in dessert bowls with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 247.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g