Recipe by Ambervim
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is so easy to make and it so good! My DH LOVES lava cake so this was a perfect choice. It was cooked perfect according to the recipe, the cake was moist and fully cooked and the pudding was thick and rich. Will make this again since I always have the ingredients in the pantry. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanila.
- Pour batter into 9 inch square baking pan (I use silicone).
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 2 tbs cocoa and salt. Mix well and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour water over the top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with whipped cream or ice cream if you want.