Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've been making this for a while using my sister-in-law's recipe. Just recently I discovered that it is also the same Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa box. Delicious served with vanilla ice cream!
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla; beat with a spoon until smooth. Pour batter into ungreased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top.