Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love chocolate! I haven't made this yet, but the picture looks delicious. I am trying it soon.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, with a bit extra for greasing pie plate
- 1 1⁄2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (1.5 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an eight-inch diameter pie plate or cake pan – use a glass or ceramic, if possible – or use cooking spray
- Melt butter and chocolate (I use a microwave – pretty much just for this task – at 50% power at 30 second intervals, just until the chocolate is almost entirely melted, and then stir). Cool.
- Mix sugar into beaten eggs, combine until sugar is fully incorporated.
- Mix in butter-chocolate mixture until completely blended.
- Add vanilla and milk. Stir well.
- Fold in flour, mixing just until no white streaks remain – do not overbeat.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream,.