Recipe by Barb in WNY
I rediscovered this recipe the other day and want to make it. What is better than hot fudge. his pie has a very nice texture and is just the thing to satisfy any chocolate cravings.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe in Southern Accent and the Junior League of Pine Bluff Arkansas (Mrs. David K. Gunti). This is a really quick recipe to put together and very good. Thank you for posting this oldie but goodie!
- 3 (1 ounce) bitter chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in the top of a double boiler. Add the sugar and blend until chocolate mixture is smooth. Fold in flour and salt. Add vanilla.
- Beat eggs and fold into mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Slice and serve warm, top with vanilla ice cream.