Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This is the holiday (Decadent Peanut Butter Pie) recipe from the Jif website. I haven't tried it yet, but I wanted to transfer it to my PDA.
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust (prepared or your own)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, that has been allowed to soften
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar hot fudge
- Save 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping for the top of the pie.
- Save 2 Tablespoons each of Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge for the decorative (and tasty) drizzle on top of the pie.
- Once the cream cheese has softened to room temperature, in a bowl large enough for the ingredients, mix the Peanut Butter, Cream Cheese, and Sugar.
- Then fold in 3 cups Whipped Topping.
- Put the mixture into the Chocolate Pie Crust and spread it even to the edges.
- Using a microwave safe dish or cup, warm all but the 2 Tablespoons of Hot Fudge that you set aside in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir to evenly distribute the heat throughout the Hot Fudge.
- Cover the Peanut Butter mixture in the pie crust with the Hot Fudge.
- Refrigerate pie until it is time for dessert.
- Prior to pesentation, spread the 1 1/2 cups of topping over the top of the pie.
- Then, the drizzle.
- Put the Hot Fudge and Peanut Butter that you saved earlier, into two separate sandwich bags.
- Knead both to prepare for the drizzling.
- Draw straight lines across the pie with the Peanut Butter.
- Then, draw perpendicular lines across the pie wit the Hot Fudge.
iv made this pie several times and its always a hit!!! I always make a homemade brownie crust for it and Boy let me tell you Its The BOMB!!!
I have made this pie twice now, and both times it has been a hit, Although very very rich, it is so decadent, creamy and quite flavorful. The second time, I only used a quarter cup of sugar, and it came out much better. Great for peanut butter and chocolate lovers!