Prep 25 mins
Cook 54 mins
I got this recipe from a local grocery store where I take cooking classes. I made this cheesecake a couple of days ago for a party and it was so easy and fast. People couldn't believe that it was homemade.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate sandwich style cookies, divided (I used Oreo cookies.)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar hot fudge
- CRUST: Coarsely chop half of the cookies and set aside. (I used a food processor.).
- Finely crush the remaining cookies, add the butter, and mix. (I used a food processor.).
- Press firmly on bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan (doesn't need to be perfect). Pan, especially a non-stick pan, does not have to be greased since there is a lot of butter in the crust.
- Bake crust at 325 degrees F for about 4 minutes to set it.
- FILLING: In large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese a little.
- Add sugar and beat until creamy.
- Blend in eggs, sour cream, flour, and vanilla.
- Fold in coarsely chopped cookies by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake in 325 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until set.(I baked for 50 minutes and next time I may bake a few minutes less.).
- Cheesecake should still jiggle in the center when taken out of oven. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, but better to make 1 to 2 days ahead.
- Best way to cut a cheesecake is when it is very cold, using a hot knife(wiping in between cuts), and cutting the entire cake before removing a piece.
- Heat hot fudge on high for 30 to 45 seconds until warm and pourable consistency.
- Spoon hot fudge over each slice of cheesecake.
- For a change, substitute malted milk balls or milky way bites instead of the oreo cookies in the filling.
i got soooooo many compliments on this cheesecake. the only thing i did differently was instead of folding the cookies into the batter, i poured in about half the batter, then layered in the cookies, the topped with remaining batter. i also baked the cheesecake a little differently: 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then reduce to 200 degrees and bake for 45-50 minutes, then turn oven off and crack the door open until completely cooled. it was the most wonderfully tasty cheesecake i've ever made! thanks so much for this recipe!
I thought this cheesecake was very good! It was easy enough to prepare, although next time I think I will have to cook mine just a few minutes longer as the middle was a little too jiggly. I loved the oreo crust! I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting!
I made this for fathers day and it was awesome. I did change it alittle bit. I used splenda in place of the sugar and used 1/3 fat cream cheese. I baked it for 45 minutes. It did crack alittle so next time I will bake it for 40. will do it again.