Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter, chocolate syrup. These are just a few ingredients in this enticing dessert. I just received this in my e-mail and it sounds so good. The description said it was easy, rich and satisfying. How can you go wrong with something like that? LOL!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chocolate syrup
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Pour syrup into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- (Do not boil) Stir peanut butter into syrup until smooth and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Line 9x13-inch dish with 9 1/2 ice cream sandwiches.
- Spread half the whipped topping over the sandwiches.
- Spoon half the chocolate mixture over the whipped topping.
- Top with half the peanuts.
- Repeat layers.
- Freeze for one hour or until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Oh how easy and oh how good!! My 4 yr old loved helping me unwrap all the ice cream sandwiches and boy did everyone love eating this cake!! I did let the fudge boil (2 mins was way too long) but it didn't seem to make a big difference. I found it easier to spread the chocloate peanut butter mixture on first then the whipped cream. Super super good!
This was soooooo good! I loved making this for the Resident Manager of our apartment and she enjoyed serving it to her guests. Thank you ever so much for this recipe!!