Recipe by cooking-BAG
This is definately not for the calorie counter. I have not tried this, but am posting it here for safe keeping and I hope to try it soon.Sounds pretty easy and looks like it would make a nice presentation for company. Not really sure about prep time, I guessed 40 min. Then another 30-35 min. to bake.
- 1 stick pie crust mix
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup hot fudge
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (4 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, crumble piecrust mix into boiling water; cook and stir vigorously till pastry forms a ball and leaves the side of the pan.
- Remove from heat; cool for 10 min.; add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition till smooth.
- For each cream puff, spoon about 1/4 cup of mixture onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 30 to 35 min, or until puffs are dry and golden brown. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire racks. Cut off tops.
- In a small saucepan, heat fudge sauce over low heat, stirring frequently.
- To serve, spoon pie filling into each cream puff; top with whipped topping. Cover with tops of cream puffs, drizzle fudge over each cream puff and sprinkle with pecans.
- The bad news if interested:.
- (441 cal.,22 g.fat, 71 mg.cholesterol, 5 g.protein, 57g. carbs, 2 g. dietary fiber, 269 mg.sodium).