Recipe by Chesska
This dessert is FANTASTIC!! It's super EASY!! And you mix everything in the baking pan so there's almost NO CLEANUP!! I got this recipe from a friend in Nova Scotia. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by WicklewoodWench
As promised, here is the update to my previous review; I used a deeper baking tin as I think that may have been where disaster befell by last attempt,,,and I still have a perfectly clean oven...
But, more importantly, the taste,,,I replaced the flour with my gluten free flour mix #438139 and used light evaporated milk which really added to the fudginess of the fudge. My husband suggested a couple of drops of brandy or rum instead of vanilla,,,but I think that says more about him than the flavour of the cake. I served it hot with Clotted cream ice cream and it was not only AWESOME but WICKEDLY DIVINE. Thank you Fran for posting.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 9 inch square pan.
- Add 1/4 cup cocoa, milk, and vanilla to pan and mix well with a fork.
- Sprinkle flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into pan, and mix well with a fork.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cocoa in a small bowl and sprinkle over batter - DO NOT mix it inches
- Carefully pour hot water over all and DON'T mix that in either!
- Bake 350 for 40-45 minutes.