This dessert is FANTASTIC!! It's super EASY!! And you mix everything in the baking pan so there's almost NO CLEANUP!! I got this recipe from a friend in Nova Scotia. I hope you enjoy it!
- Melt butter in a 9 inch square pan.
- Add 1/4 cup cocoa, milk, and vanilla to pan and mix well with a fork.
- Sprinkle flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into pan, and mix well with a fork.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cocoa in a small bowl and sprinkle over batter - DO NOT mix it inches.
- Carefully pour hot water over all and DON'T mix that in either!
- Bake 350 for 40-45 minutes.
As promised, here is the update to my previous review; I used a deeper baking tin as I think that may have been where disaster befell by last attempt,,,and I still have a perfectly clean oven...
But, more importantly, the taste,,,I replaced the flour with my gluten free flour mix #438139 and used light evaporated milk which really added to the fudginess of the fudge. My husband suggested a couple of drops of brandy or rum instead of vanilla,,,but I think that says more about him than the flavour of the cake. I served it hot with Clotted cream ice cream and it was not only AWESOME but WICKEDLY DIVINE. Thank you Fran for posting.
This was delicious and easy. I made two "versions" - one with sugar and one with Splenda. The splenda version did not work as well - not as much fudgy sauce - but tasted great. The sugar version was super. I passed the recipe on to my daughter in college - this one-dish dessert is perfect for her dorm/apartment. Next time I'm going to see if it would work in the microwave....
Easy and delicious! Thanks!