Recipe by LoveMy2Angels
I found this recipe in the Hershey's Classic Recipes cookbook that I purchased a couple of years ago. This chocolate pudding cake is great with homemade whip cream or ice cream. It's easy to make and will sure to please everyone in your family.
Top Review by lauralie41
Quick and easy cake to make and a nice desset. I did use butter and baked for 40 minutes. The fudge sauce was a bit watery tasting so I would either add more cocoa or use less water. This is not an overly sweet cake which was a nice change. I added some Hershey syrup to the top of the cake because we didnt eat it until the day after I baked it and there wasnt a lot of sauce. Made and reviewed for PAC 2008.
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar, divided
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml cocoa, divided
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml milk
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, melted
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 295.73 ml hot water
- whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, flour 1/4 cup cocoa, baking power and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into ungreased 9inch square baking pan. Stir together rmaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top. Do not stir!
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon inti dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over the top. Garnish with whipped topping and ENJOY! Yum !