Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in the Hershey's Classic Recipes cookbook that I purchased a couple of years ago. This chocolate pudding cake is great with homemade whip cream or ice cream. It's easy to make and will sure to please everyone in your family.
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, flour 1/4 cup cocoa, baking power and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into ungreased 9inch square baking pan. Stir together rmaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top. Do not stir!
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon inti dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over the top. Garnish with whipped topping and ENJOY! Yum !
Quick and easy cake to make and a nice desset. I did use butter and baked for 40 minutes. The fudge sauce was a bit watery tasting so I would either add more cocoa or use less water. This is not an overly sweet cake which was a nice change. I added some Hershey syrup to the top of the cake because we didnt eat it until the day after I baked it and there wasnt a lot of sauce. Made and reviewed for PAC 2008.