I found this recipe in the Hershey's Classic Recipes cookbook that I purchased a couple of years ago. This chocolate pudding cake is great with homemade whip cream or ice cream. It's easy to make and will sure to please everyone in your family.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, flour 1/4 cup cocoa, baking power and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into ungreased 9inch square baking pan. Stir together rmaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top. Do not stir!
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon inti dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over the top. Garnish with whipped topping and ENJOY! Yum !