Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oreo cookie crust,carmel, ice cream and hot fudge... this is a chocolate lovers delight. The kids in our family request this instead of birthday cake. Warning; this is not Weight Watcher Friendly.
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (semi-softened)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup hot fudge topping
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped) (optional)
- 1 cup whipped topping (optional)
- Set vanilla ice cream out to soften slightly.
- Spread carmel topping in the bottom of oreo cookie crust.
- Spread partially thawed vanilla ice cream over carmel topping.
- Put in freezer until firm; about 1-2 hours.
- Remove and drizzle hot fudge topping over top.
- If desired sprinkle with nuts and a dollop of whipped topping.
- Keep stored in the freezer to keep ice cream & crust from becoming soggy until ready to serve or if there are leftovers.
Delicious!! Even my husband, who doesn't eat a lot of sweets, had a piece and commented on how good it was.
I've made this twice and come up with very different results both times. The first time I made it, I made my own cookie crust. I also used smuckers "hot caramel" and didn't have quite enough Breyer's ice cream. It was too sweet and we were not too fond of it. The second time I used a premade crust and a different brand of ice cream. This time it was much better. That said both times the caramel oozes out of the pie as soon as the first piece is cut out. It tastes great, I just wish I could make it prettier.
Very good dessert (although, to serve twelve they would be terribly small pieces). I think it would be more accurate to say 6-8 servings. Thanks for posting. Easy and exactly what I was looking for.