Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe has been in my family forever. I have no memory of where it came from. It has a most sinful taste and is and so hard to resist. It creates it's own fudge sauce when baking.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- Combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons or the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until well blended.
- Stir in milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Spread in a ungreased 9 inch pan.
- Combine brown sugar and 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder and sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Pour the hot water over all. Do Not Stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm, topped with whipping cream or ice cream.
I made this recipe, this weekend, for the PAC . It was quite good but seemed to be missing something...perhaps a little vanilla in the hot water that is poured over it, vor the sauce??