Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
An eggless cake baked in a crockpot! From TOH Casseroles, Slow Cookers, and Soups cookbook. Don't skip the ice-cream with this one!
- 1 3⁄4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spread evenly into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4 1/2 hour or until a toothpick inserted near teh center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream.
All I can say is Major YUM-MO! Huge hit with me and my family! And easy to make too!
Tagged in Photo. Easy to make, but I forgot the choc. chips and didn't have ice cream. So I made up some choc. sauce to put over it. It's more like a chewy brownie than cake and really stuck around the edges for the 4 hours. Might try for less time next time to see if it comes out easier. Everyone liked it regardless and kept sneaking it out of the crock pot!