Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve this cake with ice cream and/or whipped cream.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix, without pudding
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- chopped pecans (optional)
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions-- mix the cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil until well blended.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients; pour over batter (it will sink to bottom of pan).
- Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans.
This cake is fantastic! Best tasting hot fudge cake I have ever had. So moist and yummy. Quick and so simple to put together. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This was the best hot fudge cake I have had! I have made a few and the cake part is always lacking in my opinion...leave it to the box cake to put this one over the top. I only had the devil's food cake with pudding in the mix, so I went for it anyway and it turned out great. I did let mine sit for a good 45 min. after it cooked and I think some of the fudge sauce soaked up into the cake, so I was short some "sauce", but the cake was incredibly moist and wonderful. We ate it with ice cream,the whole bible study group raved. Thanks Juenessa, this is a keeper.