Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fudge and cake, what a combination! This is an easy cake to put together for any occasion.
Make and share this Hot Fudge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
The cake was good but didn't really like the sauce. The concept is great.
This had a very unusual texture and appearance. I tried my hardest sell it to my family by serving it up in pretty little bowls, but my family didn't buy it. It did take an elegant picture, though.
I came across this recipe just this morning in an old issue of Taste of Home (Apr/May 1994). I thought it sounded like a cozy dessert for a rainy night so I made it and served it warm with whipped cream. It is really yummy just as written and I would not change a thing. Thx for posting.