This was very well-received at a dinner-party. The guests enthused and everyone left with the recipe. Easy too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces best-quality chocolate, coarsely chopped (semisweet works too)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
Vanilla Ice Cream Sauce
- 1Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 450°F.
- 2Butter a 1-quart soufflé dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- 3Melt butter with chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- 4Blend in ¼ cup of sugar, yolks, coffee mixture and vanilla; stir in flour (can be prepared several hours ahead and set aside at cool room temperature. Reheat before continuing.) Beat whites in large bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining ½ cup sugar, beating, until whites are stiff but not dry.
- 5Fold ¼ of whites into chocolate mixture, then fold chocolate back into whites (be careful not to deflate – a few streaks of white may remain).
- 6Gently turn batter into prepared dish.
- 7Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- 8Bake 5 minutes.
- 9Reduce oven temperature to 400F and continue baking until puffed, about 20 minutes (center will remain moist).
- 10Serve immediately with sauce.
- 11(and remember – A SOUFFLE WAITS FOR NO ONE).
- 12Vanilla Ice Cream Sauce: Let ice cream soften 10 minutes; add rum and beat until smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Brownie Souffle With Vanilla Ice Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.0
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g