Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Hot Fudge Brownie Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml sugar, divided
- 88.74 ml unsweetened cocoa powder, divided (not Dutch process)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 118.29 ml milk
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°; will need 8-inch square metal baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- In the same bowl (no need to clean it), stir together brown sugar, the remaining sugar and the remaining cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle over batter in the pan.
- Slowly and gently drizzle boiling water over batter being careful not to disturb layers (do not stir).
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until top cake layer springs back when touched.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.