1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided (not Dutch process)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- vanilla ice cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; will need 8-inch square metal baking pan.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
- 4Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- 5In the same bowl (no need to clean it), stir together brown sugar, the remaining sugar and the remaining cocoa powder.
- 6Sprinkle over batter in the pan.
- 7Slowly and gently drizzle boiling water over batter being careful not to disturb layers (do not stir).
- 8Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until top cake layer springs back when touched.
- 9Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 10Scoop into bowls and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Brownie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 186.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g