Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Hot Fudge Brownie Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided (not Dutch process)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°; will need 8-inch square metal baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- In the same bowl (no need to clean it), stir together brown sugar, the remaining sugar and the remaining cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle over batter in the pan.
- Slowly and gently drizzle boiling water over batter being careful not to disturb layers (do not stir).
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until top cake layer springs back when touched.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.