Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has a gooey chocolate running through it and topped with ice cream is delicious. Almost like one of our favorite restaurants desserts called "Chocolate to die for".
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- whipped cream or ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 dgr. Stir together flour, next 3 ingredients, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Spread batter in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- 2. Combine brown sugar, cocoa, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter in pan. Using a spoon gently drizzle 1 1/2 cups boiling water over batter, being careful not to disturb layers. (Do not stir.).
- 3. Bake at 350 dgr for 45 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top and layer springs back when touched. Let cool on a wire rack 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- The boiling water spooned over the cake creates the pudding layer while it bakes. Warm leftovers in the microwave before adding whipped cream or ice cream.
- My family likes ice cream with some caramel syrup over the top. Enjoy!