1/3 Photos of Hot Fudge Brownie Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
taken from Southern Living. haven't tried it yet, but can't wait! "cooking" time also includes the time required for letting the cake to partially cool
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Stir together flour, next 3 ingredients, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- 4Spread batter in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- 5Combine brown sugar, cocoa, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter in pan.
- 6Using a spoon, gently drizzle 1 1/2 cups boiling water over batter, being careful not to disturb layers. (Do not stir.).
- 7Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top and layer springs back when touched.
- 8Let cool on a wire rack 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 9VARIATION: Chocolate-Cherry Pudding Cake: Thaw 1 (12-oz.) package frozen dark, sweet, pitted cherries; drain. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, gently sprinkling cherries over batter in pan. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- 10VARIATION: Mocha Pudding Cake: Substitute hot freshly brewed coffee for boiling water. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Brownie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g