Recipe by bugsbunnyfan
A really tasty fruit salad!
Top Review by ColCadsMom
I wanted a hot fruit salad, and the variety of ingredients sounded really good to me, so I chose this one to make. I did leave out all of the butter, and used 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar instead of all the white sugar. My dried cranberries were cherry flavored craisins, and I added some pineapple chunks to it as well. It was absolutely incredible hot, and is just as good as I eat some of the leftovers cold. The heating and combining of the flavors is just OUT of this WORLD! Used light fruits, and feel that I served my family a healthy and delicious side! Thanks for posting!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) canssliced peaches, drained
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) canssliced pears, undrained
- 1 (23 ounce) jar chunky applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries