Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A really tasty fruit salad!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) canssliced peaches, drained
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) canssliced pears, undrained
- 1 (23 ounce) jar chunky applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- In a 3-quart slow cooker, combine the sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through.
I wanted a hot fruit salad, and the variety of ingredients sounded really good to me, so I chose this one to make. I did leave out all of the butter, and used 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar instead of all the white sugar. My dried cranberries were cherry flavored craisins, and I added some pineapple chunks to it as well. It was absolutely incredible hot, and is just as good as I eat some of the leftovers cold. The heating and combining of the flavors is just OUT of this WORLD! Used light fruits, and feel that I served my family a healthy and delicious side! Thanks for posting!
I'm not sure I consider this a 'fruit salad' but it is very yummy - more like a soupy compote. It is ridiculously simple. I left out allll the sugar, figuring there was enough in the fruit already & was right - it was sweet enough for us. I dug around the store & found peaches & pears in pear juice vs. syrup/heavy syrup/splenda. I started with 1/4c butter because it seemed strange but later added the other 1/4c & it's hard to describe but it does make it better. I also discovered that I was out of apricots so I used dried figs. I doubled the spices, too. It's good for breakfast, too. :) Thanks for a fun & easy recipe!