Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another version of hot fruit compote! It is a little "richer" than my other fruit compote recipe posted here. My family thinks both are equally good. This one take a tiny tad more work, but still qualifies as easy and delicious!
- 8 soft coconut macaroons or 7 ounces coconut
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can apple rings, spiced, drained
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sherry wine (You can substitute brandy flavoring and use less)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble macaroons onto a shallow cookie sheet and toast for 3-4 minutes, till lightly toasted, stir occasionally.
- Place coconut in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Layer fruits as listed.
- Melt butter, sugar, flour and sherry/brandy in a small saucepan, cook till thickened.
- Pour over the fruit.
- Arrange cherries on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, till bubbly.
This was a trail run for a dinner party dessert and I was very pleased with this recipe although I might reduce the sugar slightly next time I make it, thanks for sharing Bobtail!...Kitten:)