Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish is so good in cool weather, especially around the holidays! I do not remember where I got the recipe from, but have made it for the Thanksgiving brunch I have with my in laws for the last 3 years. It is the one leftover they will take home! As usual, easy and delicious.
- 8 soft coconut macaroons
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can dark sweet cherries, pitted, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- If you cannot find coconut macaroons, just toast 1 (7 oz.)or 1 (14 oz) bag of plain coconut, depends on how well you like coconut.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crumble macaroons over the bottom of a shallow cookie sheet for about 3 to 4 minutes, till lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and sprinkle 1/2 of the macaroons in a lightly greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Layer the remaining ingredients in the order given.
- Sprinkle the remaining macaroons on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Prep/cook time does not include refrigeration time.