Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so good. We love this around the holidays.
- 1 (28 ounce) can pears in heavy syrup
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried prune
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375.
- Drain canned fruit, reserving syrup and juice.
- Mix syrup and juice.
- Cut pears and peaches into bite sized pieces.
- Layer canned and dried fruit in 3 quart casserole or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar and brandy, pour over fruit.
- Pour reserved juice mixture over fruit just until fruit is covered.
- Discard remaining juice mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg and almonds over fruit.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm or cool.