Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
When you don't have access to fresh fruits & don't want to use the dried ones, open up the cans!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced pears, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 maraschino cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- In saucepan, combine rest of ingredients except maraschino cherries.
- Heat & stir until sugar is dissolved & butter melted.
- Pour over fruit & bake 25 minutes until heated.
- If desired, garnish with cherries & serve.
Made this for breakfast on Christmas morning. Delicious and simple to put together. Definitely will make again.
Great for Ny meal. Used leftovers, heated, for ice cream topping. I love this.
Decided to try a different hot fruit compote this year for our hospitality breakfast. It was dee-lish. Everyone loved it.Try it ..you'll like it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Joanne