Recipe by Zewbiedoo
This recipe for dried fruit baked with wine is a family favorite that I got from my MIL. We always have this at Thanksgiving and Christmas; it goes great with ham or turkey. Very easy to make, good hot or cold. Number of servings listed is a guess.
- 3 (7 ounce) bags dried mixed fruit
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red wine or 1⁄2 cup blush wine
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dried fruit in a large deep casserole dish, add pineapple with juice, water and wine (no need to stir).
- Spread cherry pie filling all over the top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350° (or 325° if your oven tends to run hot) for 45 minutes.
- Good served hot or cold.