Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great winter recipe when fresh fruit is unavailable. Its great for a brunch. Everyone asks for the recipe when I serve it. Enjoy!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in their own juice
- 2 (16 ounce) canssliced peaches in light syrup
- 2 (16 ounce) canssliced pears in light syrup
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted tart red cherries
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup creme de banane
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pineapple chunks, peaches, pears, and cherries.
- slice the bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add the bananas to the fruit.
- Transfer half of the fruit mixture to a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar, half the vanilla crumbs, half the margarine, and half the creme de banana.
- Cover with the remaining fruit and the remaining sugar, vanilla crumbs, margarine, and creme de banana.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly.
- Stir to combine before serving.