Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a fun appetizer for summer barbecues or "game night." We've also had them scattered throughout an iceberg, romaine,steak, and tomato salad.
- 3 medium baking potatoes, cut in wedges
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Honey Mustard Dip
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons coarse-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
Creamy Blue Cheese Dip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Fry the potatoes in deep hot oil (375*F) until golden; drain excess grease.
- Blend the spices and shake generously over the hot fries.
- Serve with any or all of the following dips.
- For the Honey Mustard Dip: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and honey. Serve at room temperature or warm slightly.
- For the Creamy Blue Cheese Dip: In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, and salad dressing until smooth. Stir in the crumbled blue cheese. If mixture is too thick, thin it out with 1-2 tablespoons milk.
- For the Range Dip: Combine 1 tablespoons brown sugar to each 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce.