Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Get ready for some serious cabbage!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- bacon drippings
- to taste hot red pepper flakes
- Microwave bacon according to oven.
- Using a large fry pan add drippings from bacon.
- Chop cabbage, pepper ,onion & add to pan.
- Bring to a steaming stage.
- Add rest of spices.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover & simmer until firm but soft.
- Turn up heat and fry until all juices are gone.
- I serve this dish with corned beef, steamed carrots & cornbread. I came up with recipe because my kids wouldn't eat cabbage. They love this dish.
Im rating this a 3 star but im sure it much better then that. when i make mine I omit the peppers and onions. Use all the bacon, and add a cap full of cider vinegar, and prepared mustard until a yellow color is visible, and stir stir. Plus I use an electric chopper to make the cabbage real fine. What a wonderful dish.