Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a very old BH&G cookbook, great taste!
- 8 slices bacon
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can lima beans
- 1 package frozen green beans (thawed)
- 1 package frozen wax bean (, thawed)
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and reserve 1/4 cup of drippings.
- Combine sugar, corn starch, salt, and pepper, and blend into drippings in skillet.
- Stir in vinegar and water, cook and stir until boiling.
- Drain all beans, stir into skillet, and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir crumbled bacon in just before serving.