Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 lb bacon
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- Cut bacon into small pieces using kitchen shears, and place in a large skillet.
- Cook, turning frequently, over medium high heat until evenly browned.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- Set bacon aside.
- Return reserved drippings to skillet.
- Mix together sugar, cornstarch, and salt and pepper; blend into drippings.
- Stir in vinegar and water; cook and stir until boiling.
- Stir in drained beans.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Turn bean mixture into serving dish.
- Crumble bacon over beans.