My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bacon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1Cut bacon into small pieces using kitchen shears, and place in a large skillet.
- 2Cook, turning frequently, over medium high heat until evenly browned.
- 3Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- 4Set bacon aside.
- 5Return reserved drippings to skillet.
- 6Mix together sugar, cornstarch, and salt and pepper; blend into drippings.
- 7Stir in vinegar and water; cook and stir until boiling.
- 8Stir in drained beans.
- 9Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10Stir occasionally.
- 11Turn bean mixture into serving dish.
- 12Crumble bacon over beans.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Five Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 896.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 12.5 g