Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Taste of Home magazine and described as a crowd pleaser that is similar to a German potato salad made with colorful beans.
- 8 slice bacon (diced)
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 7.39 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml water
- 453.59 g kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 425.24 g lima beans (rinsed and drained)
- 425.24 g garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 411.06 g green beans (drained)
- 411.06 g wax beans (drained)
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; reserve 1/4 c drippings.
- Set the bacon aside.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper to drippings.
- Stir in vinegar and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for two minutes.
- Add the beans; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- Place in a serving bowl; top with bacon.
I really liked the combination of a bean salad with a hot bacon dressing. I added a half of onion slivered, a red pepper julienned, and a 1/2 t of red pepper flakes and thought the salad was colorful & flavorful enough to take to a potluck. This is a keeper!