This is from Taste of Home magazine and described as a crowd pleaser that is similar to a German potato salad made with colorful beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon (diced)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 ounces kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces lima beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces green beans (drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces wax beans (drained)
- 1In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; reserve 1/4 c drippings.
- 2Set the bacon aside.
- 3Add sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper to drippings.
- 4Stir in vinegar and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for two minutes.
- 5Add the beans; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- 6Place in a serving bowl; top with bacon.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Five-Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.5
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 874.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g