Recipe by katew
Serves 8 as a starter.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is such a wonderful topping for crackers. The only thing I found disappointing was the fact that someone had gotten into my feta so I had to cut the recipe back. All of my seasonings are in storage, so I had to use what my MIL has on hand. I found a dill blend that has minced onion and other seasonings. It went really well with the feta. I cut out the salt because feta is salty enough. Adding feta to the shopping list so I can make it again soon. Recipe was made and reviewed for an AUS Reunion Holiday Tag Game.
- 300 g piece feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves (or use herbs of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive, and crackers to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cut two 40cms lengths of foil and layer on top of each other.
- Top with a piece of baking paper.
- Place feta in middle of baking paper.
- Sprinkle with thyme or other herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Fold paper and foil edges and turn upwards to seal and form a parcel.
- Place parcel on a baking tray.
- Bake 20 minutes till feta is heated through and slightly soft.
- Serve warm with crackers and olives.