Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
taken from An Ultimate Chocolate Cookbook
Make and share this Hot Drinking Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- Place milk and dark chocolate in a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Blend a little hot milk into egg yolks.
- Add remaining hot milk and beat together using electric mixer till mixture is frothy.
- Serve immediately with some grated chocolate on top.
Cold and rainy here last night so crawled under the covers with this delightfully rich chocolate, we love dark chocolate and were pleasantly surprised at how much richness the egg yolk brought. Thanks so much for the post.
I enjoy making hot chocolate with milk (so many of my friends make it with water), but I've never done it up with eggs, too! Definitely worth making this delicious cupa again & again! Very comforting, very satisfying! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]