Recipe by Bev
This is another recipe from my mom's recipe box. It is used as an appetizer or snack to serve hot on crackers. She added to her recipe that it is best made the day before serving and kept in the refrigerator until use.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Oh Bev - I'm so glad I tagged this recipe in 123 Hits. My DH is also VERY happy I tagged it. I made a half recipe for him to eat during the football games today and let's say he only has another half to go and it is all gone! He raved over the flavors and loves that it is a hot dip for a change! Very simple to put together. The only slight change I made was to use sliced toasted almonds in place of the pecans (he loves almonds). Thanks for sharing a winner of a recipe!
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 5 ounces chipped dried beef, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons green peppers, minced
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small oven tray.
- Toss pecans in butter, spread on tray and toast in oven at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned; set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients throughly and place in a 9" pie plate.
- Top with toasted pecans.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes, serve hot with crackers.