Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another recipe from my mom's recipe box. It is used as an appetizer or snack to serve hot on crackers. She added to her recipe that it is best made the day before serving and kept in the refrigerator until use.
- Melt butter in small oven tray.
- Toss pecans in butter, spread on tray and toast in oven at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned; set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients throughly and place in a 9" pie plate.
- Top with toasted pecans.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes, serve hot with crackers.
Oh Bev - I'm so glad I tagged this recipe in 123 Hits. My DH is also VERY happy I tagged it. I made a half recipe for him to eat during the football games today and let's say he only has another half to go and it is all gone! He raved over the flavors and loves that it is a hot dip for a change! Very simple to put together. The only slight change I made was to use sliced toasted almonds in place of the pecans (he loves almonds). Thanks for sharing a winner of a recipe!
I made this for a thanksgiving 2008 appetizer and was so very pleased. it was quite easy to put together... everything all in one bowl. even the roasted pecans were quick. but the flavor - was the best part. served with triscuit-like crackers, the dip went so fast all while the guests were reminiscing over this "vintage" dish. the only downside was that I didn't serve it first... some were too full on other apps to really appreciate the dish. I will definitely be making this easy app again. thanks for the posting.