Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a simple and easy salad without any high calorie or fatty salad dressings to overpower the flavours of natural ingredients. When making this salad for lunch I like to add some grilled chicken
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- black pepper
- Wash and dry the lettuce.
- Coarsely grate the lime, squeeze the juice from the lime and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic and bacon, frying until bacon is crispy.
- Cut off any fat from the bacon and chop into pieces.
- In a bowl, add the lime juice and the chopped bacon bits and stir to combine.
- Pour the bacon mixture over the leaves and toss.
- Sprinkle with the lime zest and pepper