Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is our favorite way to eat hot dogs. Everybody has their favorite, and there are certainly many ways we enjoy dawgs...but this is DH and my favorite on a given evening! Rudy's BBQ sauce from Texas is our fav, we have it shipped by the case. MMMMM! Amounts are approximate - add to suit your tastes. These are rich and filling, if you eat two you may not need a side dish! :) The jalepeno or serrano is optional for the days we feel like a little spice!
Top Review by Elly in Canada
Another great lunch! I usually have my hot dogs with mustard and onions only, this was a nice change and I enjoyed it very much. I used a great Canadian strong cheddar, and my favourite BBQ sauce plus all the other ingredients including some finely diced jalapeno which gave it a nice bite! Prepared and enjoyed for Mommy Diva's cookathon.
- 4 hot dogs (we prefer Nathan's or Hebrew National all beef)
- 4 hot dog buns, the bigger the bun the more stuff it can hold (Stadium or outdoor rolls work great)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup walla walla onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup tillamook brand sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced (we like grape and roma tomatoes best on these)
- rudy's brand barbecue sauce, to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill dogs to desired doneness; a little char can add nice flavor!
- Toast buns if you like, then layer ingredients ~ sauce, dog, cheese, bacon, onions and tomatoes (pepper if choosing the spicey version).
- Add more sauce if needed. (Goes great with your favorite beer).
- Dig in and enjoy!