This is our favorite way to eat hot dogs. Everybody has their favorite, and there are certainly many ways we enjoy dawgs...but this is DH and my favorite on a given evening! Rudy's BBQ sauce from Texas is our fav, we have it shipped by the case. MMMMM! Amounts are approximate - add to suit your tastes. These are rich and filling, if you eat two you may not need a side dish! :) The jalepeno or serrano is optional for the days we feel like a little spice!
- 4 hot dogs (we prefer Nathan's or Hebrew National all beef)
- 4 hot dog buns, the bigger the bun the more stuff it can hold (Stadium or outdoor rolls work great)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup walla walla onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup tillamook brand sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, diced (we like grape and roma tomatoes best on these)
- rudy's brand barbecue sauce, to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- Grill dogs to desired doneness; a little char can add nice flavor!
- Toast buns if you like, then layer ingredients ~ sauce, dog, cheese, bacon, onions and tomatoes (pepper if choosing the spicey version).
- Add more sauce if needed. (Goes great with your favorite beer).
- Dig in and enjoy!