1/2 Photos of Hot Dogs Waco Style
Mommy Diva's Note:
This is our favorite way to eat hot dogs. Everybody has their favorite, and there are certainly many ways we enjoy dawgs...but this is DH and my favorite on a given evening! Rudy's BBQ sauce from Texas is our fav, we have it shipped by the case. MMMMM! Amounts are approximate - add to suit your tastes. These are rich and filling, if you eat two you may not need a side dish! :) The jalepeno or serrano is optional for the days we feel like a little spice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 hot dogs (we prefer Nathan's or Hebrew National all beef)
- 4 hot dog buns, the bigger the bun the more stuff it can hold (Stadium or outdoor rolls work great)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup walla walla onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1/2 cup tillamook brand sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced (we like grape and roma tomatoes best on these)
- rudy's brand barbecue sauce, to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1Grill dogs to desired doneness; a little char can add nice flavor!
- 2Toast buns if you like, then layer ingredients ~ sauce, dog, cheese, bacon, onions and tomatoes (pepper if choosing the spicey version).
- 3Add more sauce if needed. (Goes great with your favorite beer).
- 4Dig in and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dogs Waco Style
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.1
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 1750.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 28.0 g