Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a friend of my mothers back when I was in junior high. It has such a unique flavor you can't help but like it. Great with crackers.
- 1 gallon sliced hot pepper (5 cups jalapenos)
- 1 pint corn oil
- 1 pint cider vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (32 ounce) bottles catsup
- 3 lbs hot dogs
- 6 garlic cloves
- In a large pot mix first five ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add hot dogs and cook until peppers look wilted.
- Pour into jars.
- Add one garlic clove per jar.
- Seal tightly and let sit in water bath for 30 minutes.
Made a half of recipe because we are not ketchup on hot dog people but we try anything on the hots side. These are the best little snack wasn't sure what to do with the hot dog so I cut them about 1/2" coin size we eat them with crackers and my husband just loves them.We when through 2 half batches so today I am making the whole batch and canning them because between him and his friend they go right through them. Thanks alot great recipe
I have searched for 2 years for a recipe my MIL used to make for my husband and then I found this. Thank you so much ,It's almost like his mom's except she added onions. You have made my hubby a happy guy and I got a great big THANK YOU for making a childhood fav.