Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
I make this all the time for the kids but don't see that I have ever posted the recipe. Even gave it a new name for a bit of excitement for the kids. So here it goes...
- Place hot dogs on a microwave safe plate and microwave on High for 1-2 minute (to 160 degrees).
- Set aside.
- Take one tortilla (sleeping bag), place one cooked hot dog and a slice of cheese on one end of the tortilla.
- Microwave on High for 20 seconds or until melted.
- Roll up the sleeping bag (hot dog end first)and serve.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until all hot dogs are made.
We had these as kids all the time! But we called them pups in a poncho. Great for kids and students in the dorms!
My son loved this -- so easy, and he doesn't like buns with his hotdogs (pulls them apart and eats them seperately, making a mess), so this worked great!
My kids ate this up. They just loved it. Thanks!