Recipe by CoCaShe
I don't know where this recipe comes from or if it's similar to something known by another name but this was always a huge comfort food when I was younger. My mom always served it over boiled potatoes - don't be afraid to mash it all up together!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, with the liquid
- 2 -3 tablespoons white flour
- 3 -5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 -8 hot dogs, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size pot, cook onion in hot oil until soft, but not brown.
- Pour in liquid from green beans (not the beans yet). Add the flour one tbsp at a time until the mixture thickens, but is still liquid.
- Add about 3 tbsp of the tomato paste and let cook for a few minutes, stirring to mix well.
- Add the beans and hot dogs. Stir well, cover and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir periodically and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Depending on the consistency, you can add some more tomato paste while it's cooking. However, this should be fairly thick, not too runny (although that's personal preference, I suppose =).
- Serve over boiled potatoes and mash it all together really well!