Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hillbilly Housewife website
- 1 lb hot dogs or 8 ounces bologna
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 large carrots
- 2 -3 stalks celery
- 1 onion, sliced
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- When you prepare this recipe, use whichever meat you have available. They all taste good in this recipe. Try to julienne the meat. (Cut the hotdogs long-ways into 4-8 long pieces, then quarter them short-ways. Bologna can be stacked and then cut into long skinny strips. Cut the bolgna in half, or thirds the other way and you will have pretty pieces.).
- The carrots are cut into narrow slices and then each slice is cut in half. The celery is cut into thin slices and the onion is halved and then sliced into thin half-moons. After preparing the vegetables and meat set it all aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over hig heat. Add the vegetables. Stir-fry the veggies for at least 5 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn tender. Add the hot dogs or other meat. Cook and stir until the meat browns slightly. Season with garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Add about 2 or 3 tablespoons of water to the skillet. Stir quickly until the water evaporates. There, you are done. Serve the stir-fry over cooked rice.
- If desired, you can add 2 or 3 cups finely sliced cabbage in addition to the other vegetables. Add them to the dish along with the other veggies.
- Homemade bean sprouts are also a nice addition. Add them at the end, right before serving. Bean sprouts are best if they are not overcooked.